Saturday, April 14, 2012

Wedding Teaser #2: article by Real Simple

Hey friends,
For those of you in the process of planning your wedding - or helping someone plan their wedding - here's a great article about budgeting and how to save money on the big idea and the details.

Tips from the article that I am already implementing:

1.) I am choosing to save money on my flowers and my cake. I found a picture of a simple bouquet through a google search, and I decided I would collect the parts for the bouquet and have a friend assemble them the day off the wedding. As for the cake, I will probably have several small round cakes designed and may add my own details after they are delivered.

2.) A friend will be designing the wedding programs. I am designing my own invitations and using materials from Michaels and JoAnn's; a friend is helping with the printing and assembly process.

3.) I am not serving favors at our wedding reception, since most guests do not remember to take a favor or even want one! And I've been to a lot of weddings, so I'm pretty sure it's an accurate assessment. I doubt any guest is going to complain or miss-out if I don't offer favors. It's a simple, easy thing to pick out of the wedding list that isn't necessary and will save money.


2 comments:

  1. That sounds great! I definitely agree about the favors - I think companIes just enjoy coming up with new things you have to spend money on! We didnt give any and no one complained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you said that :)

    ReplyDelete